Wednesday, June 17, 2009

View from the back porch


We start our tour on the porch bob built me (he calls it a deck)
to the right we have the fences Bob has built...and to the left my Shade garden...with the paths for the grandkids to run...and their little bench & birdbath
Plant lovers: notice the hosta next to the birdbath..it is called
"Mouse ears" it's a miniature blue


Our lot is about 1/2 an acre....I couldn't find a picture of Bob's veggie garden..it's off to the right behind the garage...tomatoes, peppers, squash & pumpkins...egg plant, pole beans & cukes...basil & chives...carrots letuce....yum!
Lots of ratatuille & salsa coming!!! The boys love helping Grandpa!!!










No trip to our yard would be complete without a visit with Stella..our wonderful neighbor who can always be found at the fence...ready to talk!!!!

5 comments:

Kate said...

Linda, your yard is just beautiful! I love reading your blog. It's always uplifting to me...full of love, home, family and good things. I want to see the vegetable garden: )

Anonymous said...

I love your backyard! It's just beautiful and the porch is amazing!! I'm so excited to see the rest!

hisbelovedlizc said...

It's a dream back yard. I would love to spend my mornings and evenings in a yard like yours! You are blessed indeed!

Kathy said...

Thanks for sharing. Your garden is beautiful and Bob's deck is nice. Can't wait for you to see my day lilies. Wont be too long now.

Rebecca said...

I like all the hosta. I, too, have a few spots where hosta and fern share space. I like seeing this combination. Your neighbor looks nice, too! Our neighbor moved and the house is empty. I miss them.