I have been attending Women's Bible Studies for a loooooooong time. Probably since 1978 at Kathy's house! YAY! They were the best! Now I lead them...Here's some thoughts.
I think they are a wonderful tool for a church...it brings women together...and women need to be "together" Let's face it, we no longer all gather at the river...to wash...or talk over the fence while hanging out the clothes..like our mom's did.
It's a different world now, but this remains the same...women need to be in fellowship with other women...it's how we process life, and learn to parent , and get encouragement to go on.
Today we encouraged a mother of a teen...who wanted her mom to drop everything and bring her lunch to school. The mom said no, she was at our gathering. She handled it beautifully & with love..."are you leaving me here without a lunch?"-
"No, you left yourself without a lunch when you left it on the table this morning...." She hung up and we praised her! That's great parenting! I said.
She sighed...really? I 'm reading Kevin Leman's book about raising responsible kids, and I'm changing how I do things-
SO I told her a few of my own stories...
then she asked, but did you feel guilty?
I said sometimes....at first...you have to retrain yourself as you train them.
but this is for their good.
See what I mean? she had read the book, she believed it was right, she was doing it...but she needed to hear from another Mom, "you're doing it right."
APRIL, LORI, KERI, NINA
YOU are doing it right!!!
I read your blogs and am amazed at what FABULOUS mothers you all are!
I cannot wait to see what this generation ( your kids) does for Jesus...
I know it will AWESOME!!!
ALL you other Mom's who have been there and done that, like me....Please encourage the younger Mom's around you- your words will lift their spirits and spur them on to continue the good work....the great work....the BEST work...of raising children.
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Women's Bible Studies
Posted by Life with Linda at 3:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
i needed to hear that today... i love you!
Those long ago bible studies are a highlight in my memory as well. We were so young, trying to figure things out. But everything you said in today's post is absolutely true. And it's so wonderful for the young mom's now to have time to get together with each other and with "experienced" moms to bounce things off of. That's a great place to be and that's how it should be, no? : ) Awesome Linda!! PS - I love reading your blog. It is peaceful, sweet and very loving.
Thanks Momm...that was awesome...I love you!
Post a Comment