"In the presence of others sing not to yourself with a humming noise, nor drum with your fingers or feet" (George Washington's Rules for civility & Decent Behavior)
I bet ole George had an interesting story that went with this one...
I skipped 2 & 3 because they talked about touching or exposing body parts inappropriately....so just don't do that, ok.
Drumming fingers usually means boredom....I get it.
How does one drum with their feet????? Would that not be dancing while seated? I have been guilty of that, sorry.
Now about the humming...what are your thoughts?
We hum when we are happy. That's a good thing, isn't it?
or...we hum when we are up to somthing...(at least I do)
My Mom hums a bit when she is thinking somthing over...
and my late mother in law used to hum, right after she criticized me.
Makes you wonder, doesn't it?
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
rules of civility #4
Posted by Life with Linda at 3:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
You hum like Grandma Neva Momm :-) Its cute
Post a Comment