Sunday, January 30, 2011

Rules for civility #6

"Sleep not when others speak, sit not when others stand, speak not when you should hold your peace, walk not on when others stop"

Where to begin? Ok, so rude to fall asleep when someone is talking to you.

I knew that guys were suppose to stand when a lady entered the room (how many young men do you know that know this) but apparently, it's a respect thing toward anyone- So do you struggle when you are at a group event and a small group of people stand and applaud...but you don't think it was worthy of a standing "O" ...YET there is that point where more people stand and you feel, "hey, man I'd better stand or I might look...what? rude or disenchanted?
or worse, like I don't get it...
yikes, so you stand up!

If I could only learn one thing,I'd opt to keep quiet when I ought.
I would look so wise.
Pr 30:11 "A fool vents all his feelings, But a wise man holds them back."
I continue to work on this one...

Sorry George, sometimes I have to keep on walking when others stop.
For I have decided to follow JESUS!

also at certain times while at Home Depot :)

0 comments: