Thursday, April 16, 2009

Neva's Sweets

You all know that My Mom makes THE BEST chocolate Chip Cookies...
When I was like 7 years old...My mom took a recreation cake decorating course at my school along with several ladies from the neighborhood. This was a big deal...First, my Mom just did not go out without Dad (except to the store) and she didn't really hang out with the ladies much either...I recall my father paid a babysitter to watch me during those 2 hours on Thursday night...lol Hilarious

Well, turned out my Mom was gifted! She was artistic and creative and was soon Teachers pet. SHe continued to "play" at the cake decorating...and it soon turned into a business...for $5.00 she would bake and decorate the cake of your dreams....
soon she was doing a cake every day...still for $5.00....

She did all our (her kids) wedding cakes & my nephew's as well....
Now she still makes a great cake...but after all those years of eating all her frosting...before, during and after she decorated them...we prefer them plain!!!













Ok, so don't email me and ask for a $5.00 cake- cuz that ain't happenin...but if you are looking for an amazingly delicious & beautifully decorated cake for any occasion call Jan Pauwels- she does a fantastic job!!

3 comments:

lori bunk said...

i always loved getting my birthday cake! i totally remember the clowns hanging off! such great pics!

Kathy said...

Now that's something about your mom that i did not know. However, it does not suprize me either.

I echo your comment about Jan's cakes....love them, love them, love them.

Anonymous said...

wow I LOVED seeing all of these cakes that you've been telling me about for years...I am so excited to take up the torch...now I just need to takea cake class.