Thursday, April 30, 2009

jobs


Jobs I have had...not all were paid positions, but all of them were WORK!


1. 10 yrs old....a neighbor pays me to take her laundry down form the line fold it and put it into her house. (she worked) I am afraid to put it into her house...to be in a house where no one is home freaks me out....geesh!
NOTE: This fear renders me useless for babysitting lol
Teen years:
2. cashier at the local market...$1.00 a day 7 days a week
3. Frank's Nursery as cashier, I also put the Christmas trees together & decorate, make terrariums, ect.
after Graduation:
4. APBA- American Power Boat Assn. membership dept,scoring races, typing up cards,
( I am to approve boat names & notify them if there are any innappropriate...someone registers comeonIwannalaya..I try in vain to explain what this means to the older woman in charge, who never does understand)
I quit this job to go to Europe for 3 weeks to compete in an international singing competetion- took 1st place!!! My trip cost $100. that's right only 2 zeros....
5. AAA (about 8 years ) file room (we had to wear dresses and could not chew gum)
worked my way up threw the ranks to become an UNDERWRITER..wore power suits now...had a brief case, company car (brand new red monte carlo with white leather seats) and... a little stamp with my name on it..that either gave approval or denied it for insurance...travelled all over michigan. Odd job for someone who does not like to make important decisions.....I quit AAA when they offered me a job in ALpena, then told me I was putting to much emphasis on my marriage when I turned it down.
6. wife- for one year, (I learn to love being home alone....) then
7. wife AND MOMMY..... still doing that although not so much Mommy stuff since they are adults now ( but will always be my babies)
8. part time temp work at Rick Olmstead's insurance company
9. Secretary @ ZOE volunteer postition day one, then later paid for 2 years.
10. cleaned house for a sweet lady in a wheel chair.
11. Bible Study facilitator & M.O.P.S. speaker
12. GRANDMA!!!! BEST JOB EVER!!!! (and all around caregiver for the Mom's & kids)

0 comments: