Monday, April 20, 2009

The Moe Zone!!


I know many of you...like me miss our "Mo" terribly...but this...
This is so awesome....
This is written by Lil Mo...Maureen's daughter

#1
This is a very cool story! Last night I googled my name (or My mom’s name) and on the third page of Google results, I found a blog from a guy that had been to Cozumel this past March. He wrote in his blog that he had been scuba diving and saw an underwater memorial to a “Maureen Matous” while diving. Her full name being in the blog pulled up the search results on Google
Jerry and Steph went to Cozumel a few years ago and they were planning to put this brick in the bottom of the ocean. On their dive, the brick feel out of Jerry’s pocket. When Jerry went to find the brick, it had disappeared in the sand.
Jerry emailed the guy that blogged about the brick and he sent us a picture he took of the brick in March 2009. What a small world.
The brick says “Maureen Matous, you will be missed by all Proverbs 19:21”

#2

This is truly the story that keeps giving. Chris, the diver who sent the picture earlier this week, emailed the owner of the dive shop that took him on the dive where he saw the brick. Below is a message from the shop owner; he sees the brick all the time. Also, below are to links to the original blog if found and ANOTHER picture of the brick. I really think this is my mom saying “hello” seven years later.

http://deepstop.wordpress.com/?attachment_id=1020
http://deepstop.wordpress.com/2009/03/16/cozumel-day-7-palancar-caves/

#3

I am the owner of the dive shop that Chris dives with in Cozumel.

Chris just shared this with me and I knew exactly what he was talking about when he told me. I first discovered/saw the memorial in September of last year and remember immediately thinking how beautiful it was and wondering how long it had been there. I took a picture as well…but am not sure how to include it here. I sent it to Chris and told him to feel free to share it with you!

This particular section of Palancar is a special section and not part of the standard Palancar Caves tour that most DM’s and ops take you on. It’s very quiet, not much traffic through this part and very beautiful!

I’ll be happy to take a photo of your Memorial each time I dive this site and I’ll keep it “clean” for you if you’d like.

You can be happy knowing that Maureen’s memorial is resting in a beautiful and peaceful place in the Caribbean - this is actually one of my favorite spots to dive here because it is so peaceful and majestic.

Take care!

5 comments:

Keri said...

That is a crazy amazing story. So precious!

lori bunk said...

i saw kelly o'melia post this story on facebook and thought it was so great! small small world!!

Kate said...

That is amazing. The hand of God if ever I've seen it!

Kathy said...

Totally amazing, awesome. Thank you for sharing this.

Pastor Jerry said...

I still miss "Mo" on a regular basis. What an impact, what a woman of God. This was an amazing story, I'm glad it got passed on to me! Pastor Jerry