Friday, December 7, 2012

Christmas means....

This time of year, newscasters love to do "man on the street' interviews and ask people what christmas means to them. I find it interesting. Some say it's family, some say tradition, or giving or charity...and certainly all those things surround Christmas...and we know, it's a celebration of Jesus Christ's birth. Now how we celebrate that varies, and in my life it has taken many turns and changes. When I was young it meant waking up to presents! Later it meant we gathered with family...grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins...Each year brings about more changes and some are hard to accept, while others are joyous! We rejoiced when our numbers grew to include spouses and children of our own- then our children's spouses and their kids...and we mourned the lost of loved ones lost, however temporary that is, whether it's this year only or till we meet again in Heaven. But this I know, that Christmas celebrates that Jesus came for me. He wants to be with me, to have fellowship with me, and to take me where he goes to prepare a place for me. He invites me to come and live with him forever. I am loved. That is what christmas means to me. I am loved.

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Nothing compares to the feeling of KNOWING you are loved.