ahhhh one of my favorite movies. I love the story, the hero...doing right, being selfless, saving the fair maiden...even when it hurts.
Isn't that the main thing? Doing right, being selfless, even when it hurts. It's easy to "do right" when everybody else is..."as long as it doesn't actually cost me anything"..."as long as everyone knows I'm not to blame"..."this wasn't my idea"..."I had no choice"..."you got it all wrong".
It's quite another thing to stand in the gap and protect someone, keep your peace and not defend yourself. To allow others to think whatever they want, as long as you know the truth, and even more so if the person you are protecting maybe brought this thing upon themselves...
This is what Jesus did for us....He rescued us, from a fate we brought upon ourselves, without defending himself or letting everyone know, HE hadn't actually committed these sins... He simply stepped up, stepped in and took it all on our behalf....for love.
Friday, September 30, 2011
A Walk in the Clouds
Posted by Life with Linda at 4:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment