Sunday, June 6, 2010

a new day, a new life....


Rose came home yesterday...
she is in a wheelchair...and requires 24/7 care.
We have a caregiver coming in when Bob is not here, as
I am unable to lift her to transfer her....
so this is a new day and a new life for all of us.

we moved her upstairs next to us, and on the main floor so she have access to
the kitchen dining and front room....we built ramps to get her in and out of the house...we are installing grab bars and other equipment to help her.

Bob is shouldering the heaviest of loads and has lost
quite a bit of freedom in his life. What a wonderful son he is.

It will be quite a while until we can go for a walk...to dinner or a movie...
or even church together.

Please pray for us as we figure this all out....one day at a time
( and lest you think I am crazy...it was sarah's birthday yesterday, and hence the party hat)

2 comments:

lori bunk said...

you guys are amazing.
love you both

Keri said...

You guys are awesome. I'm looking forward to the day I can go to dinner or a movie again too :)