OK...I have made jokes for years about not cooking... but i do.
And believe me, when all the kids were home...I cooked 3-5 meals per day every day.
Some they liked and some they didn't.
I have some pretty funny stories about my first attempts to cook for my husband, and they'e fun to tell.
And...everybody knows the story of my "muffins" made for 3 men, under the guise of "Miss Demeanor"
I never did alot of cooking with my Mom...but I did spend alot of time with her in the kitchen canning, and baking her now famous chocolate chip cookies. In fact, allow me to say I was at her elbow for YEARS of making those cookies...I know thew recipe by heart...but I don't have the touch- i believe that gene skips a generation....a recessive type of gene. :)
Fortunately for the world...Sarah inherited that gene and does her Momma proud making those "just like GNeva's" cookies. The world is saved. I will take it a step further and say, I sent her to Grandma specifically to learn to bake. (and sew, but that is another story)
What I did not do, (and now regret) was insist that she help me with dinner regularly. Oh, I asked her to, but Mom, I have homework ( a priority in our house) or I have practice/ game (also A PRIORITY) always took precedence.
Now don't get me wrong,my girl can fend for herself. Every now and then though, i realize there is a gap in what i taught, and what perhaps i ought to have taught....like the time she was making my spaghetti sauce, and i found her trying to saute the onion flakes....yea.....
Now I see where that time would have been beneficial for both of us.. a bonding moment, while also creating a "partner" for preparing family celebration dinners, which i mainly do alone.
So listen up ladies....teach your daughters to cook...it's the right thing to do, and will bring blessings untold to you.
PROVERBS 1:20 "Wisdom cries out in the street; she raises her voice in the public squares"
Thursday, May 2, 2013
teach your daughters to cook
Posted by Life with Linda at 2:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment