Sunday, November 6, 2011

a year gone by....

November 6th...last year Grandma Rose went home to be with the Lord...I can't believe its been a whole year already, this will be a tough day for bob...Rest in Peace, Rose...

Last year I had planned a Birthday Dinner for my Mom on the 4th, which was cancelled when we rushed Rose to the hospital...April, my amazing daughter in love...stepped up and thru together a birthday celebration for Neva in short order while we were at the hospital...so this year, it was important for me to spend this day with my mom.


We started with "Breakfast with Her Kids" It's unusual we all get together which thrilled my Mom...( Bob had to work- somebody needs to)

Then I headed home to make chicken parmesan, pick up the balloons, cake & decorate....



Bob & Sarah both had District championship games (he won; she lost) Nate & April & the boys came to round out the celebration, and help blow out the candles!
I was very blessed to have this day with My Mom- so blessed to still have my Mom, I cherish every day spent with her...
We ended the evening by watching "Carlson Memories" a CD of all our old home movies of my Mom & Dad ( she misses him so) and us kids growing up...lots of sand dunes, beaches, and clowning....good times; happy times
Did I mention i am so glad to have my Mom around?

1 comments:

Kate said...

I was looking for a "like" button, lol. How wonderful to have your mom with you still. She was always such a sweetheart. Hoping she enjoyed her birthday.