Definition #1 Choice:
The power or opportunity of choosing; option.
I was not my Mother's first choice. She had lost 6 babies to miscarriage, and was sure that would be my end as well...she told the Dr she couldn't go thru it again.
So He gave her some pills to expel me (or least that's what he told her in 1952)
She took them, laid sod, painted the house...anything and everything that might hurry the process along. I was the only pregnancy she had with no complications.
Though I did not hear this story until I was an adult...I always had a longing in my heart to be someone's "choice".
We all long to be chosen, accepted, wanted, valued....what i longed for all my life...yet what i received (or perceived) was rejection.
It came in the worst ways and in some pretty mudane ways too. Words meant to tease- I took to heart. Rejection from those who were suppose to love me. Family, Friends...My childhood was full of rejection; and don't even talk about the teen years...just more of the same. I looked for acceptance everywhere, and found it briefly in some bad places...and then one day, a friend told me the truth..."God chooses you, first." I was His choice? God chose me, me? Did he know about me? Did he know what I'd done, did He know what i'd thought? Yes. And still I was His choice., He chose to come for me, to die for me, to redeem me, to cleanse & forgive me, to sanctify me, annoint me, use me...
but now I had the choice. Would I choose Him? I had the choice. I took it! Oh Yes I took it! I chose being known, I chose being forgiven, I chose being freed, I chose being loved, I chose being His For all time and eternity!
Because He first chose me. Because He first Loved me,
I made the right choice,
and received His Choice Life for me....
He is my Choice. He is choice.
Definition #2 Choice: The best part;
that which is preferable.
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Choice? Choice.
Posted by Life with Linda at 12:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Wow, I never knew that story...and I'm so glad you arrived safely into this world...how different things would be if Grandma had lost you. Love you, so grateful for you in my life and for helping me see a whole new side of God :)
Post a Comment