Tuesday, December 22, 2009

christmas lost


Every christmas season I fight with feelings of loss. I have come to realize that the situations...the people....the times... all change, but that sense of betrayal, failure, rejection, loss are always prevelant...today someone wiser than I wondered if it was all tied to one event. So I pondered...when was I just happy at Christmas? ahhhh bing! It was when my dad was alive. He died just before the holidays, and yes I think I have been fighting against that loss since 1973.

That's sad....but not hopeless!!

I talked to my Heavenly Father about these things...and here is what i learned:
The enemy is out to steal my.....comfort and joy (ti-dings of com-fort & joy...)
hmmmm. He keeps trying to torment. divide, ruin my favorite holiday...my time with family...he has a strategy, a plan, evil devices....

And I am not ignorant of them.

God & I can outwit, outlast and outplay him any day of the week....
I sacrifice my comfort & joy to God....hah! Then the devil can't have it, can't get it, can't touch it! and I get it back 100 fold in the presence of God!!!
I'm sitting here grinning form ear to ear...I just won.

Merry christmas to all and to all a GREAT NIGHT!!

1 comments:

Jaimie said...

Merry Christmas:)